Thursday 6 November 2014

Tautuku Beach

                                                        

I slipped off my shoes at Tautuku Beach and immediately I feel my feet sink into the soft, damp sand. As part of Room 7 camp we went to Tautuku Beach to see the view, take pictures and swim in the refreshing but cold water. 


The wind blew onto my face and my eyes squinted in the sun as I looked out at the view of the ocean. I looked around the beach and found a little collection of shells and put them down by my shoes. I ran down to the waters edge and dipped my feet in but it's too cold for me. 


I strolled back up the beach to where all the boys are sliding down this sand slide. I ran up the sand dune and joined the queue. I sat down, got my photo taken, then dropped onto my bum into a big pile of sand. Before I knew it I was going up and down, up and down on the sand slide.



At that moment Miss Lyon said that we were leaving so I put my shoes on, clutched my shells in my hand and walked back up the sand dune and started walking with Emma back through the native bush walk.


4 comments:

  1. Wow Connie this story is really detailed! I can picture this story as I read it straight away!-Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie - I love some of the words that you used in this piece of writing e.g. clutched, refreshing, squinting, strolled... This gave me a really good picture in my mind of exactly what it was like for you at Tautuku beach. Sounds like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you have used strong gems ( strong powerful words ) and also the way you wrote it with lots of paragraphs.
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you described everything really well, and I hope you had fun on your camp!!!!
    Emily and Spirit-Leigh

    ReplyDelete